[ACTION REQUIRED] OWNERS_ALIASES cleanup: Part 1

Divya Mohan

Nov 16, 2023, 11:30:53 PM11/16/23
to kubernetes-sig-docs
Hello folks,

As we draw closer to the year-end, we thought this would be an excellent time to check in with existing approvers and reviewers to see whether they're still interested in continuing.

We fully understand that careers and life, in general, can take us in different directions, and you may have a different amount of time and energy to dedicate to the role than you did when you started.

And that's completely okay!

What we've done:

- We've run the maintainers tool against the k/website repo OWNERS_ALIASES file. The result of this exercise can be viewed on this Slack thread
- The first PR to clean up the reviewers and approvers handles listed under the Missing contributions has been raised after cross-verifying whether they have been a part of the previous 3 releases, are a part of the Security Response Committee, or are co-chairs of SIGs we collaborate with (#sig-release/#sig-security).

What is expected:

Please leave a comment on the PR if you're tagged and would like to continue in your current role. You can also initiate a group DM with Natali, Rey, and me if you'd like to talk about it privately. This needs to be done by 1st December 2023, failing which we'll be moving forward with the suggested changes.

Next steps:

A second PR will be opened after the closure of the first PR to seek confirmation of intent for folks listed under the Low reviews/approvals section. An email similar to this one will also be sent out to the SIG Docs mailing list.

Thank you in advance for your responses as we clean up!

If you decide to step down, a big thank you from all of us at SIG Docs for all your contributions in this role.

You will always be welcome if/when you decide to return :)

Cheers,
Divya Mohan, on behalf of SIG Docs leads