[REQUEST FOR INPUT] New named role: Issue Wrangler

Divya Mohan

May 25, 2023, 6:40:29 AM5/25/23
to kubernetes-sig-docs

Hello folks,

In light of the many issues that await triage under kubernetes/website and to reduce the onus on formal approvers/reviewers, on behalf of the leadership team, I'd like to propose a new role - Issue Wrangler.

Similar to our other named role - PR wrangler, we believe it would be very valuable to share the load of issue management with our wider community and have them partake in the responsibility. By offloading the duties of triaging & tagging issues, not only do we hope to reduce the burden on the PR Wrangler with this role, but we also envision it  to bridge the gap between an organizational contributor and a reviewer in the contributor ladder.

We've opened a GitHub discussion with the details of the role & are seeking out the community's input & feedback on the proposal.

If we do not receive any suggestions/feedback by 9th June, 2023, we will move to the next step of documenting & defining the role + issuing the call for nominations.

Cheers,

Divya, on behalf of SIG Docs leads

Divya Mohan

Jun 12, 2023, 8:26:34 AM6/12/23
to kubernetes-sig-docs
Thank you everybody for chiming in with your valuable inputs on the discussion!

We will be moving to the next step of documenting & defining the role.

If any of our contributors are interested in helping us document the role per the information provided in the discussion, please consider chiming in on the issue opened for tracking our efforts for formalising the role.

The call for nominations for this role will follow shortly.

Cheers,
Divya

Divya Mohan

Oct 23, 2023, 10:14:14 AM10/23/23
to kubernetes-sig-docs
Hello SIG Docs community,

Further to the discussion item initiated above, we're pleased to inform that we've completed documenting the Issue Wrangler role.

Thank you Haripriya for taking on the responsibility of documenting the role & everybody else who chimed in with their inputs.

You can now find out more about the role in our contribution guide.

Per the next steps outlined in the tracking issue, a wiki entry has been created for the role and we're seeking out nominations to staff the role.

Please note the following before you apply for the role:
  • The role will be staffed starting the first week of January 2024
    • As of now, we will only be having the role staffed by one person per week. This means that multiple entries against a single week will not be possible.
  • An applicant needs to fulfil all criteria stated in the requirements section of the Issue Wrangler documentation.
    • We will not be sponsoring organisational membership requests toward staffing this role. The specified criteria are a pre-requisite.

Kindly get in touch with any of the SIG Docs chairs/tech leads for nominating yourself or if you have any concerns.