Confirming the Localization Subproject for SIG Docs

Natali Vlatko

Jun 14, 2022, 5:35:25 PM6/14/22
to kubernetes-sig-docs
Hello SIG Docs community,

SIG Docs leads would like to put forward the creation of the Localization Subproject as a designated ownership area alongside the blog, reference documentation, and the website. Having been in the works for some time, the issue tracking this new ownership initiative can be found here: https://github.com/kubernetes/website/issues/31955.

The KEP outlining our intention to recognize localization efforts to date can be found here: https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/pull/3238. As per our guidelines, we’re giving three (3) business days for lazy consensus before we confirm subproject creation and update the appropriate OWNERS and .yaml files. We’ve already identified two (2) leads for the subproject: Brad Topol and Abigail McCarthy.

We’re thrilled to reward the great work that Brad has already been undertaking in the localization space, and very excited to have Abbie on board as a long-time community member and localization advocate. They’ll continue running our monthly localization meetings and work with our various groups to drive SIG Docs best practices.

A big thank you to our growing community of localization contributors who have made this possible!

Cheers,
Natali Vlatko, on behalf of SIG Docs leads