Cluster API - E2E walkthrough

Fabrizio Pandini

Jan 8, 2021, 8:44:03 AM1/8/21
to kubernetes-sig-cluster-lifecycle
Hi all!
As a follow-up from some recent slack discussions, I would like to organize a Cluster API - E2E walkthrough.

We will have a look at:
- prow configuration & how prow triggers Cluster API E2E tests
- how to run E2E tests locally
- how do we develop E2E tests in Cluster API: the test/e2e folder & the E2E test framework
- roadmap
- (suggestions are welcome!)

If someone is interested in joining, please let me know and express your schedule preferences at https://doodle.com/poll/exzt6iksv3ak2uv4

I plan to close the poll and announce the selected date at the next Cluster API office hours (13th of January), stay tuned!.

Bye
Fabrizio

Michael McCune

Jan 8, 2021, 3:47:27 PM1/8/21
to Fabrizio Pandini, kubernetes-sig-cluster-lifecycle
On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 8:44 AM Fabrizio Pandini <fabrizio...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all!
As a follow-up from some recent slack discussions, I would like to organize a Cluster API - E2E walkthrough.

We will have a look at:
- prow configuration & how prow triggers Cluster API E2E tests
- how to run E2E tests locally
- how do we develop E2E tests in Cluster API: the test/e2e folder & the E2E test framework
- roadmap
- (suggestions are welcome!)

thanks Fabrizio, this sounds great!

i'm guessing we'll cover the docker provider as part of this, will we also talk about kubetest2 and some of the future work that is being proposed (eg kubetest2 provider)?

peace o/

Fabrizio Pandini

Jan 13, 2021, 10:30:42 AM1/13/21
to kubernetes-sig-cluster-lifecycle
Hi!
Thank you all for the great interest in this initiative!

According to the Doodle preferences, the selected timeframe for this meeting is Thursday 14 January (tomorrow) 10:00 - 10:45am  PT (07:00 - 07:45 pm CET).

https://VMware.zoom.us/j/92093436683?pwd=VlExdXNuK0xpdlN0WTZValY1dk9sQT09&from=addon

Meeting ID: 920 9343 6683
Password: Same as all the cluster lifecycle meetings

Meeting notes document

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MhpZm6ZfjxDtqZlwo3BR4XyqtS3XBTVFUZ8-OL_ZXjA/edit?usp=sharing

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!
Fabrizio

John Northrup

Jan 13, 2021, 1:58:49 PM1/13/21
to Fabrizio Pandini, kubernetes-sig-cluster-lifecycle
Fabrizio, will this be recorded and posted if we cannot make it?

On Jan 13, 2021, at 09:30, Fabrizio Pandini <fabrizio...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi!

Fabrizio Pandini

Jan 14, 2021, 6:08:43 AM1/14/21
to kubernetes-sig-cluster-lifecycle
Yes, my plan is to record the meeting and add it to the SIG playlist on you tube