Cluster API v1.5.8, v1.6.4, & v1.7.0 has been released!

Chandan Kumar

Apr 16, 2024, 3:39:07鈥疨MApr 16
to kubernetes-sig-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Cluster API v1.5.8, v1.6.4, & v1.7.0 has been released聽馃帀

This release was focused on improving existing features and the stability of CAPI.

There were a total of 11 commits and 5 bugs fixed for v1.5.8, 21 commits and 8 bugs fixed for v1.6.4, and 339 commits, 5 breaking changes, 12 feature additions, and 48 bugs fixed for v1.7.0 by our awesome contributors! Kudos!

Highlights for v1.7.0
  • MachinePool: promoted to beta and enabled per default
  • MachineDeployment: Taint nodes with PreferNoSchedule during rollouts
  • MachineHealthCheck: implement annotation to manually mark machines for remediation
  • KCP improvements
    • Enable kubeadm feature gates mutation
    • Defer remediation when a control plane machine is still provisioning
    • Prefer deletion of Machines with unhealthy control plane components during rollout
  • ClusterClass improvements
    • Add variable metadata
    • Improved version validation if an update is already in progress
    • Improved unit and e2e test coverage for ClusterClass with MachinePools
  • Various improvements to our e2e tests to increase test coverage and reduce flakes to improve our CI signal
  • Implemented prowjob-gen to make it easier to manage our ProwJobs
Please see the release notes for the full list of changes.

Thanks to all our contributors!

Best,
CAPI聽Release Team