maintainer track for KubeCon EU 2024

Lubomir I. Ivanov

Dec 12, 2023, 1:44:15 PM12/12/23
to kubernetes-sig-cluster-lifecycle
hello,

today in the SIG Cluster Lifecycle meeting we discussed who is allowed
to submit a session for KubeCon EU 2024. originally our understanding
was that only SIG Leads can do that, but our latest interpretation is
that any CNCF subproject lead can do it.

the CNCF email sent to the le...@kubernetes.io ML stated:

> To submit, you must be a chair or technical lead of a CNCF TAG, a lead for a Kubernetes SIG, CNCF or K8s Working Group, User Group, or Subproject.

emphasis on "a lead for a Kubernetes Subproject".
this means any of our subprojects can submit.

steps:
- go to https://sessionize.com/kubecon-cloudnativecon-europe-2024-maintainertrack/
- it needs login / acc registartion
- add your details and the speaker details
- in "additional notes" add the following information that provides
proof of your maintainer status:
* text stating "I am <names> <github handle> who is a maintainer for
the Kubernetes subproject <subproject-name> under SIG Cluster
Lifecycle. Here is my proof of maintainer status."
* a link to https://github.com/kubernetes/community/blob/master/sig-cluster-lifecycle/README.md
listing the subproject
* a link to an OWNERs file where you are listed
* a link to your GitHub profile (make sure it shows the email you
use for submission!)

please comment in this thread if you have any questions.
i'm adding some maintainers on BCC that already had their requests
sent to this ML folks, please organize the process so that you submit
your own sessions.

thanks
lubomir