plan for achival of the kubernetes-sigs/etcdadm SIG CL subproject

Lubomir I. Ivanov

Apr 18, 2024, 10:12:34 AMApr 18
to kubernetes-sig-cluster-lifecycle
etcdadm was originally started by Daniel Lipovetsky (@dlipovetsky) as
a CLI project to simplify the creation and management of etcd clusters
following the common init/join pattern:
https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/etcdadm

due to limited bandwidth of the maintainers and low number of
contributions, at SIG CL we have decided to archive the etcdadm
repository and the CLI project hosted there.

https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/etcdadm/issues/395

the etcdadm repository currently includes another project called
etcd-manager which is actively used by kOps as it's etcd backend. we
have started discussion in SIG CL about the potential to extract
etcd-manager to a separate repository and perhaps also donate it to
SIG etcd as a subproject.

https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/etcdadm/tree/master/etcd-manager

there is no planned timeline for:
- extraction of etcd-manager
- archival of the etcdadm repository

but this email is to give notice that these actions may happen in the future.

lubomir

Davanum Srinivas

Apr 18, 2024, 10:42:10 AMApr 18
to Lubomir I. Ivanov, kubernetes-sig-cluster-lifecycle
+1 to the plan ( whenever it may be :) )