Ensuring conformance coverage for new endpoints

Caleb Woodbine

Nov 2, 2023, 4:06:07 PM11/2/23
to kubernetes-sig-architecture
Our names are Caleb and Zach and we work with Kubernetes conformance, notably around maintaining apisnoop.cncf.io.

Recently, endpoints were promoted to conformance that did not yet have conformance tests. There was confusion over how to communicate this to the necessary parties to ensure coverage before the release.

There is an existing prowjob that fails if there are new, untested conformance endpoints: apisnoop-conformance-gate / testgrid. You can read about the job’s data sources and logic in the APISnoop README.

We would like to propose this job is promoted to be release-informing, to help improve communication around untested endpoints and to prevent new technical debt.

Thank you,
Caleb! And ZACH!

Message has been deleted

Jordan Liggitt

Nov 2, 2023, 4:20:18 PM11/2/23
to Caleb Woodbine, kubernetes-sig-architecture
For what it's worth, there was no new technical debt here ... e2e tests following the guidelines for conformance tests were already written and merged and were waiting the 2 week period to demonstrate stability before getting promoted to be conformance tests.