Defining a demotion process for a conformance test

Clayton Coleman

Jan 26, 2023, 4:23:17 PM1/26/23
to kubernetes-sig-architecture
An issue was recently raised where a conformance test was demoted in the current release because we had wide agreement in sig-network that the behavior the test documented was too constraining to implementations.  However, we needed to backport that test demotion and it didn't happen and a conformance submission was blocked as a result.

We *have* backported fixes / demotions to tests in the past, but we didn't document it.  So I described a rough criteria here:

and would like feedback / additions / suggestions.  Hopefully matches everyone's understanding.