Review of Kubernetes Conformance ineligible endpoints

ri...@ii.coop

Feb 7, 2023, 4:29:27 AM2/7/23
to kubernetes-sig-architecture
Hallo,

The SIG Architecture Conformance sub project has been meeting since March 2019 to clear old technical debt of Kubernetes API endpoints without conformance tests.

This effort has brought us this month to the point where 99.25% of the endpoints are tested, with only 3 endpoints remaining. We hope to have these tested before test freeze of 1.27 on 22 March 2023.

This brings us back to the list of ineligible endpoints that have been established in agreement with the meeting participants to set aside endpoints that do not qualify for conformance testing according to the requirements or were not ready for conformance testing yet.

Jordan Liggit has reviewed the list at the end of last year and pointed out 27 endpoints that either became eligible for conformance testing or should not be on the list. Thank you for the feedback!

We have created a spreadsheet to share with the community, for reviewing and to give more feedback on the list of ineligible endpoints.

The strategy for testing the ineligible endpoints would be to create e2e tests for qualifying endpoints, using the same process as before. Once those tests have proven stable and flake free we will promote them to conformance. As soon as endpoints are covered by conformance tests we will remove them from the ineligible endpoints list.

We hope to have only endpoints that would be long term ineligible on the list by the end of 2023, where after we will continue to update APISnoop on a weekly basis ensuring that no new conformance technical debt is allowed in.

A big thank you to every reviewer, approver, commenter, meeting attendee that helped us get to this point. Please take some time to review and give feedback.

We are looking forward to everyone’s feedback in the ineligible endpoints list so we can start working on it.

Regards,
Riaan Kleinhans
ii.coop

Davanum Srinivas

Feb 7, 2023, 8:26:33 AM2/7/23
to ri...@ii.coop, kubernetes-sig-architecture
99.25% is awesome! thanks Riaan and team!

Also, please forward this email to the sig's that have work outlined in the spreadsheet.

thanks
-- Dims