Nomination for API Approver Status

Jordan Liggitt

Mar 24, 2023, 9:16:19 AM3/24/23
to kubernetes-sig-architecture, kubernetes-api-reviewers
Hello api-reviewer / arch folks,

I'm pleased to nominate two existing API reviewers as API approvers.

David Eads (deads2k) and Michelle Au (msau42) have a multi-year history reviewing API and API-adjacent parts of Kubernetes (as well as working with / designing / developing APIs themselves).

I asked them to list examples highlighting the breadth and depth of their API and API review experience, linked here:
I've found them both to be careful reviewers, paying close attention to compatibility and consistency as they review, working to minimize exposed API surface, and having a good eye for future implications of API designs. They also are both good at raising questions about novel/unfamiliar things for discussion with other API reviewers (something we all should do).

Looking for LGTM from other API approvers, then I can open a PR to add them.

Thanks,
Jordan

Davanum Srinivas

Mar 24, 2023, 9:53:57 AM3/24/23
to Jordan Liggitt, kubernetes-sig-architecture, kubernetes-api-reviewers
Congrats David and Michelle!! Both documents linked are an amazing testament for your continuing engagement.

-- Dims

Tim Hockin

Mar 24, 2023, 12:07:30 PM3/24/23
to Jordan Liggitt, kubernetes-sig-architecture, kubernetes-api-reviewers
I endorse both of these candidates!

On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 6:16 AM 'Jordan Liggitt' via
kubernetes-api-reviewers <kubernetes-a...@googlegroups.com>
wrote:

Clayton

Mar 24, 2023, 12:25:35 PM3/24/23
to Tim Hockin, Jordan Liggitt, kubernetes-sig-architecture, kubernetes-api-reviewers
Also endorse.

> On Mar 24, 2023, at 12:07 PM, 'Tim Hockin' via kubernetes-sig-architecture <kubernetes-si...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> I endorse both of these candidates!
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kubernetes-sig-architecture" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-sig-architecture/CAO_RewZS7sLUWQ%3Dvwj_zubx6mU-vhKYawaS%2B-22Zc2JoWmrw5A%40mail.gmail.com.

Daniel Smith

Mar 24, 2023, 1:28:04 PM3/24/23
to Clayton, Tim Hockin, Jordan Liggitt, kubernetes-sig-architecture, kubernetes-api-reviewers

Christoph Blecker

Mar 24, 2023, 2:41:37 PM3/24/23
to Daniel Smith, Clayton, Tim Hockin, Jordan Liggitt, kubernetes-sig-architecture, kubernetes-api-reviewers
Not an api-approver, but extremely happy to see two talented folks be recognized for their work. Great job David and Michelle!

Antonio Ojea

Mar 24, 2023, 3:12:51 PM3/24/23
to Christoph Blecker, Daniel Smith, Clayton, Tim Hockin, Jordan Liggitt, kubernetes-sig-architecture, kubernetes-api-reviewers
I'm surprised they were not approvers yet ;)

Congrats David and Michelle, well deserved

John Belamaric

Mar 24, 2023, 3:58:39 PM3/24/23
to Antonio Ojea, Christoph Blecker, Daniel Smith, Clayton, Tim Hockin, Jordan Liggitt, kubernetes-sig-architecture, kubernetes-api-reviewers

Xing Yang

Mar 24, 2023, 4:06:13 PM3/24/23
to Jordan Liggitt, kubernetes-sig-architecture, kubernetes-api-reviewers
Congratulations Michelle and David!

Jordan Liggitt

Mar 24, 2023, 4:44:43 PM3/24/23
to kubernetes-sig-architecture, kubernetes-api-reviewers

Benjamin Elder

Mar 28, 2023, 11:54:03 AM3/28/23
to Jordan Liggitt, kubernetes-sig-architecture, kubernetes-api-reviewers
Congrats and thank you for all your hard work!!