Proposal: support PDB for DaemonSets (KEP-3088)

Evgeny Shevchenko

Jan 24, 2022, 4:47:30 AM1/24/22
to kubernetes-sig-apps
Hello, sig-apps!

I'd like to support podDusruptionBudget (PDB) for DaemonSet pods. DaemonSet pods are evicted all at once ignoring PDB, e.g. by VPA. It creates a load spike for kube-apiserver especially in relatively big clusters. This KEP [1] proposes to change this behavior so that users could rely on PDB for DaemonSet pods like for all other built-in controllers.

I've created KEP [1] and PR [2] to discuss the proposal. They both haven't been approved yet. I'm trying to bring more attention to it.