maxSurge for node draining

Javier Domingo Cansino

Sep 4, 2023, 8:00:43 AM9/4/23
to kubernete...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have been struggling for a few years with low scalable apps on node migrations. As you may know, apps are usually deployed with an amount of replicas, and we can configure maxSurge so that when making a new deployment, there won't be downtime.

However, this maxSurge doesn't apply for node draining operations, where if there is a single instance of the application, the application will be killed first and recreated afterwards.

I opened #114877 a while back ago, and would appreciate comments / ideas on whether this is doable/makes sense.

Cheers, Javier