Exception Request for KEP-3939

Kevin Hannon

Jul 18, 2023, 7:46:11 PM7/18/23
to releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernete...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would like to make an exception for release 1.28.

I am filling this exception because I see a few other Job APIs getting merged and there are some conflicts due to other api changes.  I think it should only take me tomorrow to resolve these.  All PRs have a /approved label and it’s mostly just resolving the conflicts.

API PR is approved and /lgtm and I just have to update the PR to reflect other API changes that have gone into the Job API.

Janet Kuo

Jul 18, 2023, 7:50:20 PM7/18/23
to Kevin Hannon, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernete...@googlegroups.com
I expect API change (https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/117015) to take a while to be approved. Would you be able to obtain approval in time? Have you started a discussion with API approvers?

Janet Kuo

Kevin Hannon

Jul 18, 2023, 9:50:37 PM7/18/23
to Janet Kuo, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernete...@googlegroups.com
I made a mistake in the list actually. API PR is https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/119301 and Implementation PR is https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/117015.API PR has been approved and is the queue right now.

Janet Kuo

Jul 18, 2023, 9:52:17 PM7/18/23
to Kevin Hannon, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernete...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the clarification! I approve this request.

Janet Kuo

Grace Nguyen

Jul 19, 2023, 3:53:50 PM7/19/23
to release-team, Janet Kuo, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernete...@googlegroups.com, Kevin Hannon
Hi all,

Following our Slack discussion, this exception request has been APPROVED to be due on Friday, July 21st at 17:00 PT.

Please reach out in #sig-release if you have any question.

Best,
Grace Nguyen
1.28 Release Lead