Proposal - configurable down-scaling behaviour in ReplicaSets & Deployments

Mathew Wicks

Jan 21, 2022, 5:00:03 AM1/21/22
to kubernetes-sig-apps
Hey SIG Apps,

I would like to draw your attention to my proposal for adding configs to ReplicaSets that allow customizing their down-scaling behavior. That is how the scheduler decides which Pods to remove when replicas are decreased.

The full proposal is outlined in the following issue:

I appreciate your comments and ideas!

PS: I am willing to present this at the next SIG Apps meeting (even though it's at 4am my time, lol)

Regards,
Mathew Wicks

Maciej Szulik

Jan 21, 2022, 6:59:30 AM1/21/22
to Mathew Wicks, kubernetes-sig-apps
I've left there a comment pointing to this KEP [1] which already
implements randomization during downscaling. Let's meet on
Monday and discuss it, if you can't make it make sure to watch
the recording and we can always continue the discussion here.

Maciej