Document shared with you: "CRDB Alongside etcd: A More Generic Storage Interface For Kubernetes"

211 vues

Steve Kuznetsov (via Google Docs)

non lue,
25 avr. 2022, 13:11:3425/04/2022
à kubernetes-sig...@googlegroups.com
skuz...@redhat.com shared a document
Unknown profile photo
skuz...@redhat.com has invited you to comment on the following document:
I would like to start the conversation on how/if Kubernetes might support more than just etcd. CochroachDB is extremely well suited for this task among the large landscape of databases; this document outlines why. Please give a read and let me know what y'all think!
CRDB Alongside etcd: A More Generic Storage Interface For Kubernetes
Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
You have received this email because skuz...@redhat.com shared a document with you from Google Docs.
Logo for Google Docs

许辰

non lue,
3 août 2022, 00:09:1703/08/2022
à K8s API Machinery SIG
Hi Steve, I'm very interested in this topic. And thanks for the share of the doc for more detailed discussion.

We are working on KubeBrain ( https://github.com/kubewharf/kubebrian), another metadata storage for kubernetes apiserver to replace etcd to address large scale cluster performance issue.

We also want to discuss a more generic and common storage interface in Kubernetes apiserver. Now it's implemented in a way coupled with etcd to some degree.

A more generic interface may be more extendable for other databases in some situations.

Appreciate your proposal.

Le message a été supprimé

许辰

non lue,