SIG Docs needs your help!

Jim Angel

Aug 16, 2021, 10:07:07 PM8/16/21
to kubernetes-sig-docs, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, kubernetes-sig-leads

TL;DR: SIG Docs needs help from you (or your company) to continue providing quality docs. Are you interested in helping contribute, or taking on a leadership role, in the open source community? Reach out to us on slack or reply here!

Hey kube friends,

I’m raising awareness that SIG Docs is down to a single Chair (me). My involvement is voluntary which means occasionally I can’t always fulfill the duties of a Co-Chair when work conflicts. Ideally we’d have 3 active Co-Chairs to share the responsibilities.

As a result, we are looking for folks interested in helping out with documentation and open source leadership. This is a great opportunity to work on one of the largest open source projects in the world. We need folks to help Chair, but we’re happy to onboard new folks of any level! Also, there’s opportunities to shadow others and learn with no commitment!

No experience required.

Paris Pittman, from the Kubernetes Steering Committee, has temporarily stepped up to help us recruit and correct the path that docs is currently on. SIG Docs also has INCREDIBLE tech leads that give the impression that docs are in a healthier state than they are. (MANY thanks to y’all!)

A few changes effective today to reduce workloads:

  • Moving regular in-person SIG Docs meetings to biweekly

    • APAC meetings will remain on the 4th Tuesday of the month

    • Other docs subprojects are at the discretion of their respective leads

  • SIG Docs will no longer do quarterly planning (I don’t believe other SIGs are doing this)

    • Quarterly tracked items will be moved into our bi-weekly meeting

Lastly, I’ve been a SIG Docs Co-Chair since 2019 and plan on becoming a docs emeritus once we get our new Co-Chairs assimilated (ETA early 2022). Rotating positions of leadership is good for the community. I plan on sticking around the community as an individual contributor.

What’s it take to get involved in SIG Docs? Check out our contributor guide and come say “hi” in the #sig-docs slack channel!

Thanks!

Jim Angel

SIG Docs Co-Chair

Stephen Augustus (augustus)

Aug 16, 2021, 10:25:28 PM8/16/21
to Jim Angel, kubernetes-sig-docs, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, le...@kubernetes.io
+leads

---

Stephen Augustus (he/him)

Head of Open Source

Emerging Tech & Incubation

augu...@cisco.com

Mobile: (212) 390-0094

My working hours may not be your working hours.
Please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule.