Re: [RFC] Proposing Carlos and Adolfo as SIG Release Technical Leads

Stephen Augustus

Jun 1, 2021, 9:40:28 AM6/1/21
to kubernetes-sig-release, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, release-managers, sig-rele...@kubernetes.io
Kubernetes Community,

SIG Release is proposing Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr. and Adolfo García Veytia as Technical Leads.
We've previously discussed these nominations with members of the Release Engineering subproject (which can be seen below).

Carlos and Adolfo continue to be model Release Managers and mentors to several SIG members and we'd like to celebrate them (and reward them with more responsibility 😜).

Lazy consensus timeout for this leadership addition will be Wednesday, June 9th at 4pm US ET.
If there are any questions, comments, or concerns that you'd prefer to discuss privately, please send a note to both sig-rele...@kubernetes.io and steering...@kubernetes.io.

PR to enact these changes is open here: https://github.com/kubernetes/community/pull/5807

-- Stephen

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 4:03 PM Adolfo García Veytia <adolfo...@uservers.net> wrote:

Thanks a lot SIG Release leads and everyone, it is winderful to read your messages and support! I am truly humbled to be named along an institution like Carlos. I hope we can keep building awesome things. Thank you thank you :`)

On 5/27/21 11:48 AM, Jim Angel wrote:
+1

Great people doing great stuff! Congrats!

On Thu, May 27, 2021, 11:10 AM Derrik Campau <dcam...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 here as well!

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 9:04:15 AM UTC-7 Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr wrote:
thank y'all for the trust! I will keep trying my best to help on this project.
<3

Em qui., 27 de mai. de 2021 às 16:17, Wilson Husin <wil...@husin.dev> escreveu:
+1 as well!

On Thu, May 27, 2021, 06:20 Nabarun Pal <pal.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
A very big +1 from me! They are both amazing contributors and mentors. ^_^

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 5:58 PM Stephen Augustus <k...@auggie.dev> wrote:
Release Managers,

After some discussion with the leads, we'd like to propose both Carlos and Adolfo as Technical Leads for SIG Release, and more specifically, the Release Engineering subproject.

They are both dedicated Release Managers and never fail to lend a helping hand to contributors or jump into unfamiliar territory to support the subproject.

We're opening this for discussion with Release Managers, before formally proposing this on the mailing list.

Please +1 to show your support :)

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let us know by replying here (or send to sig-rele...@kubernetes.io, if you'd like to discuss privately) by Monday, May 27th, EOD US ET.

-- Stephen

Best,
Nabarun Pal (pronoun.is/he)
GPG: 5766AE4828845256325BDA6E611D5079D826B150

Q: How can I use more inclusive language? A: https://heyguys.cc

Adolfo García Veytia — Research uServers | +52 55 5351-1400 | web.uservers.net
This conversation is locked