[MAYBE] Document missing around API used by "kubectl exec"

Jun Sheng

Dec 14, 2021, 5:17:47 AM12/14/21
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
When using command kubectl exec to attach into a running pod, it seems that kubectl called API

However, this api is not documented in the api reference

I checked version 1.23 and 1.19.

Maybe I missed something?

Thanks and regards.

Mohd Rashid

Dec 14, 2021, 7:37:32 AM12/14/21
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
do u want to login into pod? using kubectl exec -it PODNAME -- bash

Jun Sheng

Dec 14, 2021, 8:00:12 AM12/14/21
to Mohd Rashid, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Thank you Mohd,
I am not talking about the usage or document of kubectl.

What I was saying is the document about the pods/exec api is missing.

bell...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2021, 10:23:14 AM12/14/21
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
As far as I know, only the following proposal describes pods/exec API.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OE_QoInPlVCK9rMAx9aybRmgFiVjHpJCHI9LrfdNM_s/edit#heading=h.4yfjiw58o8d3
This conversation is locked