[k8s/ingress-nginx] - Released v1.0.0 w/ support for Kubernetes v1.22 and dropping support for v1beta1

James Strong

Aug 24, 2021, 2:00:27 PMAug 24
to kuberne...@googlegroups.com
Kubernetes Dev Community,

The ingress-nginx team would like to announce that we have released v1.0.0 with support for Kubernetes v1.22 and dropping support for v1beta1!

Please take a look into Migration docs

A huge shoutout to everybody that contributed to this release!

This is a breaking change.

This release only supports Kubernetes versions >= v1.19. The support for Ingress Object in networking.k8s.io/v1beta is being dropped and manifests should now use networking.k8s.io/v1.

Known Issues: Ingress Controller only supports cluster scoped IngressClass and needs cluster-wide permission for this object, otherwise, it is not going to start. We plan to fix this in v1.0.1 and issues #7510 and #7502 are tracking this.

As always if you have any issues please reach out to the team on k8s slack or open an issue on our Github.