1.23 merges & cherry picks

Verónica López

Dec 1, 2021, 3:12:28 PM12/1/21
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Hello,

Earlier this week, during the weekly SIG-Release meeting, we agreed to stick to cherry picking as the preferred way to make the branches even after branch creation, for the remainder of the 1.23 release.

However, this topic (cherry picking vs. fast-forwarding) will be discussed as part of the agenda for the 1.23 Retrospective (December 15, 2021, 10 am PST), and your feedback would be appreciated.

Best,

Verónica López, Branch Manager
on behalf of SIG Release

Stephen Augustus

Dec 1, 2021, 3:17:18 PM12/1/21
to Verónica López, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, release-managers
Thanks for sending this to k-dev, Verónica!
Can we also open a GitHub discussion in k/sig-release and link that back here?

— Stephen

Verónica López

Dec 1, 2021, 3:59:41 PM12/1/21
to Stephen Augustus, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, release-managers
Sure thing!

Here's the link for the discussion on k/sig-release

Stephen Augustus

Dec 1, 2021, 4:06:24 PM12/1/21
to Verónica López, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, release-managers
Awesome, thank youuuuuuuuuu!