[INFO] Update on Kubernetes 1.23.1 patch release

Marko Mudrinić

Dec 14, 2021, 1:38:46 PM12/14/21
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Hello kubefolx,

After discussion on the #release-management Slack channel [1], we decided to cut Kubernetes 1.23.1 patch release on Thursday, December 16.

We would like to have a patch release before the holidays since there is already a number of fixes, including Go 1.17.5 security update.

If you have any critical/urgent change that you would like to include in 1.23.1, please make sure to create a cherry-pick and get it approved/lgtm-ed by Today, EOD (5 pm PST).

As a reminder, we're cutting other patch releases (1.22.5, 1.21.8, 1.20.4) tomorrow.

If you have any questions, please reach out to us on the #sig-release Slack channel [2].

Marko Mudrinić,
on behalf of Kubernetes Release Managers

This conversation is locked