[ANNOUNCEMENT] Kubernetes 1.23 Code Freeze is Coming!

Rey Lejano

Nov 5, 2021, 2:14:42 PMNov 5
to kuberne...@googlegroups.com, le...@kubernetes.io, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kubernauts!

We are at the end of Week 11 of the Kubernetes 1.23 release cycle. On Tuesday, November 16th, Code Freeze will come into effect at 18:00 Pacific Time.

What does this mean for you?

If you are working on an enhancement for the Kubernetes 1.23 release, you should have your k/k PRs merged by 18:00 Pacific Time on November 16th. After Code Freeze comes into effect, the Enhancements team will remove any unfinished enhancements from the 1.23 milestone and you would need to file an exception in order to get your enhancement added back into the release. Please keep in mind that after Code Freeze, only release-blocking issues and PRs will be allowed back into the milestone.

If you haven’t already, please provide the Enhancements team with all the relevant PRs for your enhancements by linking them to the KEP issue, so we can be sure to track the status as we get closer to the Code Freeze! If you are unsure if you can make it by Code Freeze and would like to defer to 1.24, please let us know and we will help you in updating the milestone of your enhancement.

Note: The deadline for opening a documentation placeholder PR to k/website falls two days after Code Freeze on November 18th. We encourage enhancement owners to create a placeholder PR before November 18th.

Weekly CI Signal reports are updated in the #release-ci-signal of Kubernetes Slack.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reply to this email or reach out to me or one of the Release Team lead shadows on #sig-release of Kubernetes Slack.

Thank you,

Rey Lejano, 1.23 Release Lead

(on behalf of the Kubernetes 1.23 Release Team)