PLEASE READ: Important Kubernetes Contributor Summit NA Changes

Bob Killen

Sep 10, 2021, 11:07:15 AM9/10/21
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, le...@kubernetes.io

Hey kubefam,

We have some updates regarding the North America Contributor Summit.

TL;DR

  • No formal day-of event

  • General hang-out space will be open to all and rooms available to be reserved for SIGs/groups that want to use it

  • Still planning an evening social event, details to follow; those that register[1] now will be forwarded details

  • Looking for volunteers for SIG Meet and Greet

Sadly, the NA Contributor Summit will not be the grand reunion we were hoping for. In response to the low registrations, we are down-sizing the contributor summit, and shifting our focus to the virtual contributor celebration later this year.

While we are no longer planning any formal activities, we can still hang out! We have a big room with round tables, power, internet, and coffee. :) If your SIG or subproject would like to do something like a mini hackathon or sprint, we have space that can be reserved. Please reach out to comm...@kubernetes.io with your request or pop into the #summit-staff channel.

We are also still planning an evening get-together with some fun activities. If you are interested in attending, please continue to register[1]. We will update with an RSVP, but for now, that will ensure you get an invite.

KubeCon + CloudNativeCon is still a great opportunity for us to meet future potential contributors, and we’re still hosting the SIG Meet and Greet[2] as an actual KubeCon + CloudNativeCon event. If your SIG/WG is interested in having a table there, please reach out to comm...@kubernetes.io or mention it in the #summit-staff channel.

While this Contributor Summit didn’t turn out like we hoped it would, here’s hoping that we can all get together at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe next year.

Thank you,

Bob, on behalf of the Contributor Summit Planning Team

[1]: https://www.kubernetes.dev/events/kcsna2021/registration/

[2]: https://sched.co/luKT