[NOTICE] prowjob image bumps are now auto-deployed twice a day

Aaron Crickenberger

Sep 27, 2021, 12:23:54 PMSep 27
to Kubernetes Dev, kubernetes-sig-testing, kubernetes-sig-release
Greetings from one of your friendly SIG Testing leads!

tl;dr prow.k8s.io prowjob definitions in kubernetes/test-infra/config/jobs are auto-bumped to use their latest image at 8:30am PDT and 1:30pm PDT Monday - Friday

You may have noticed prow auto-updating itself twice a day thanks to work down by @chaodaiG via the KEP to continuously deploy prow: https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/2539

As of last week, we're using the same mechanism to automatically bump the images used in prowjob definitions.  The schedule is staggered from prow and prow build cluster auto deployments to make it easier to track down what changed for jobs that take >60min to run (e.g. many of our release-blocking jobs)

Happy testing!

- aaron

Antonio Ojea

Sep 28, 2021, 10:22:20 AMSep 28
to Aaron Crickenberger, Kubernetes Dev, kubernetes-sig-testing, kubernetes-sig-release
Thanks ... a lot :-)