Monthly Community Meeting Update

Laura Santamaria

Mar 19, 2021, 1:00:49 PM3/19/21
to kuberne...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-sig-contribex
Hi folks!

We're looking to try a new format for the monthly community meeting to make it more discussion-driven. You can read more about the discussion in Rethinking the Monthly Community Meeting [1], but the TL;DR is rather than having another update meeting where SIGs report on a schedule, we're asking you, the community, to submit topics for discussion.
Add topics to this sheet [2] as they come up for you. A reminder will go out to the mailing list at the beginning of every month to remind folks to add topics. A few potential ideas:
  • Large KEP updates
  • New features or demos of things relevant to other contributors
  • We'll still have community announcements and release updates at the beginning of each monthly meeting.
  • If you want to vote up specific topics, follow the directions at the top of the sheet.
During the meeting, we encourage the community to come onto Zoom with us and discuss the topics of the month as noted in the agenda in Kubernetes Community Meeting Topics [3]. If you want to host the meeting itself or take notes, please reach out to SIG Contributor Experience!

We'll start using this format in April to give us some time to build up some topics to discuss.

We hope this makes the community meetings more valuable for the entire community. We look forward to engaging with you!

Cheers,
Laura on behalf of SIG Contributor Experience

[1]: https://github.com/kubernetes/community/issues/5462
[2]: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lzA8nNrNjuBjLOnNRLhaXM82BCIzq6OxZHAp3UIGcMk/edit?usp=sharing
[3]: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VQDIAB0OqiSjIHI8AWMvSdceWhnz56jNpZrLs6o7NJY/edit?usp=sharing

Laura Santamaria

Apr 21, 2021, 10:39:28 AM4/21/21
to kuberne...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-sig-contribex
Hi folks!

Just a quick reminder that our first monthly community meeting with the new discussion-based format is happening tomorrow at 5pm UTC [1]! The invitation should be on your calendar if you're subscribed to the mailing list, and you can find more details on the Contributors website [2], as well. We'll be talking about the Release Cadence KEP, and we would love to have other contributors discussing the KEP with us on Zoom. Read more and find all of the various links on the running agenda [3].

Looking forward to discussing contributor topics with all of you!

Cheers,
Laura (on behalf of SIG Contributor Experience)

Laura Santamaria

Apr 22, 2021, 11:31:38 AM4/22/21
to kuberne...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-sig-contribex
Hi folks!

Due to a small glitch with the public Google Calendar and group, the community meeting today may have disappeared from your calendar. Not to worry: we're still meeting today at 5pm UTC [1], which is in about 90 minutes. Read more about the topics and get the Zoom link or the YouTube link on the running agenda.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you today!