[ACTION REQUIRED] All Community Zoom meetings will soon require a passcode

Bob Killen

Sep 14, 2020, 6:46:14 PM9/14/20
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Hey there all,

There are some upcoming zoom changes that we've had to start rolling out that you should be aware of.

TL;DR
- Zoom will require a passcode or a waiting room enabled for meetings by September 27th
- Passcode was chosen as our current practices are good enough and the waiting room isn’t practical
- For everyone joining our community group meetings, the zoom passcode will be five sevens: 77777

On September 27th, Zoom will be rolling out a change[1] that will force all of our meetings to use either a waiting room or a passcode for people to enter.

After much discussion, we’ve come to the conclusion that setting a passcode for all our meetings is a better option than using the waiting room. Our current moderation practices[2] have let us hold meetings in the open with minimal risk to zoom bombings or trolls. The passcode should pose little to no change for the majority of contributors.

Just remember, if you are prompted for a passcode - use five sevens: 77777
Spread the word, and if you happen to see someone confused about the new passcode please help them out!

If you have any questions, please feel free to follow up with this email, or  or the  #sig-contribex channel in slack.

- Bob on behalf of SIG ContribEx

Lubomir I. Ivanov

Sep 15, 2020, 12:51:01 PM9/15/20
to Bob Killen, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
updated:
- the 14 Zoom meetings that SIG Cluster Lifecycle has with passcode 77777.
- updated all agenda documents.
- updated the community calendar invites with new links.

sent PR to rearrange / update / cleanup the meetings in k/community/sigs.yaml:
https://github.com/kubernetes/community/pull/5144

;) took me 2 hours...ask me anything...

lubomir