2020 Kubernetes Contributor Experience Survey

rajula...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2021, 4:53:24 AM3/1/21
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion

Hello Contributors,

Feedback is part of our ethos and we hear feedback all around the year through various means such as meetings, Slack, kubernetes/community issues, PRs, and other avenues. Another important feedback loop is our annual contributor survey [1] and it’s that time again. The 2020 survey will drive Contributor Experience focus for the following year and it just take ~5 minutes of your time. The survey will close on March 21st 2021 at 5pm PT.

From the surveys of previous years and the continuous stream of feedback we receive, we’ve made changes to many of our programs and project operations which includes:

  •     Improvement to docs
  •     prow/automation/your CI experiences
  •     how we prioritize and triage community projects and issues
  •     Meet Our Contributors/mentoring programs

As a thank you for your time for participating in the survey, we have a few Kubernetes T-shirts to give away for a few lucky contributors picked from the survey participants. To be eligible, please add your email during one of the last questions on the survey. If anonymity is of concern, you can forward your SurveyMonkey completion confirmation (email or screenshot) to comm...@kubernetes.io (please don’t reply all here).

Considering we have over 200 responses last year, can we get over 300 responses this year?! Please spread the word in your SIG/WG update meeting agendas, mailing lists, and slack channels.

Feel free to check our repo for the past year survey analysis.

Thank you for your time!
💫 SIG-Contributor Experience
#sig-contribex on slack

[1] - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/k8scommsurvey2021

Matthew Broberg

Mar 17, 2021, 12:44:32 PM3/17/21
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Quick update: we're at 55 responses to date. With our org membership at about 1,300 members, we're hoping for a minimum of 10% responses.

Contributors on here: help us hit that 130 **today** by filling out the survey!

Thank you!