Delaying Kubernetes 1.19.12, 1.20.8, and 1.21.2 patch releases for June 17

Marko Mudrinić

Jun 16, 2021, 4:17:02 PM6/16/21
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Hello kubefolx,

SIG Release and the Release Engineering team have decided to delay the upcoming 1.19.12, 1.20.8, and 1.21.2 patch releases for tomorrow, June 17.

The reason for this is that we accidentally merged a cherry-pick on those release branches between the stage and the release steps of the release process.

That caused the release step to fail to push the release commit and the changelog to the releases branches. That's because the staged repositories don't have the commits related to the merged cherry-picks.

We are preparing a change to the release tooling that will allow us to resume from this state and finish the releases, however, this might take several hours. Therefore, we decided to delay the releases for tomorrow, June 17.

Kubernetes 1.18.20 has been released successfully. You can find the announcement here[1] and more information about this patch releases here[2].

If you have any questions, you can reach out to the Release Managers on the #release-management[3] Slack channel.

[1]: https://groups.google.com/g/kubernetes-dev/c/CrDGcQUTqKk/m/DW-iCip7BAAJ
[2]: https://groups.google.com/g/kubernetes-dev/c/KuF8s2zueFs/m/GWGAACgKAgAJ
[3]: https://kubernetes.slack.com/archives/CJH2GBF7Y

Kubernetes Release Managers