[ANNOUNCE] 1.20 Call for Enhancements

Kirsten Garrison

Sep 21, 2020, 3:11:12 PM9/21/20
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion

Hi k8s community!

The 1.20 Release cycle has started and that means Enhancements are being actively scheduled into the milestone. Open issues in the Enhancements repo have already been pinged, but as a reminder, if you are planning on submitting an Enhancement for 1.20, now is the time.

Key Dates:

Tuesday, Oct 6th: Week 4 - Enhancements Freeze

Thursday, Nov 12th: Week 9 - Code Freeze

Please keep in mind that an enhancement is a collaborative process between the author and the sponsoring SIG, so plan on discussing your topic prior to opening an issue/PR. We encourage you to proactively reach out to SIGs via meetings, mailing lists and slack.

By Enhancements Freeze, Oct 6th, all KEPs intended for the 1.20 Release must be:

  • Merged in an implementable state

  • Have test plans

  • Have graduation criteria

  • Have an open issue in the release milestone

Even if you have merged KEPs, I encourage you to double check that they meet the above criteria. If a KEP misses the deadline, an exception must be requested.

Thank you to everyone who has already responded and please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Kirsten Garrison

1.20 Enhancements Lead

This conversation is locked