Lists/Groups for subprojects

Jorge Castro

Oct 2, 2020, 4:04:21 PM10/2/20
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Hi everyone,

We've noticed some of your subprojects creating mailing lists/google groups. This is great for scalability reasons, but some quick pointers:

- Please remember to add contri...@kubernetes.io as a co-owner to lists you create so that as people move on we don't lose the ability to manage the list. We've had issues in the past where former chairs have moved jobs or moved on and we're stuck with an open list on the internet collecting spam.
- Please don't forget to add the list to sigs.yaml and your SIG READMEs.

We haven't thought of this before so we don't have guidelines for how to do this with subprojects, see https://github.com/kubernetes/community/issues/5169 - If you're new to the project and reading this this would be a great first issue!

Cheers and have a good weekend everyone, don't forget to vote!!
This conversation is locked