July patch releases are delayed

Adolfo García Veytia

Jul 14, 2021, 10:44:58 PM7/14/21
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion

Dear Community,

The Release Engineering team is still busy finishing the Go version bump across the Kubernetes repositories. We still have a couple of tasks to complete; therefore, we have to delay the patch releases scheduled for today. We were able to finish the go 1.16 update and thus were able to cut the 1.22 beta.2 prerelease as we announced earlier today[1].

As a reminder, we decided to bump the go versions for this month's patches to 1.16.6 and 1.15.14 that were released last Monday as these releases contain a security fix[2].

Work to finish the go bump will resume tomorrow July 15 when the Release Managers come online in coordination with the Google Build Admins.

Thanks for your understanding!

Adolfo García Veytia
Release Engineering

[1] https://groups.google.com/g/kubernetes-dev/c/j02WXSO2V0w
[2] https://groups.google.com/g/golang-announce/c/n9FxMelZGAQ

--

Adolfo García Veytia — Research uServers | +52 55 5351-1400 | web.uservers.net
This conversation is locked