[NOTICE] Upcoming CLA changes

Bob Killen

Jul 12, 2021, 10:42:45 AM7/12/21
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
Hey there all,

TL;DR
 - We're migrating[1] from the old LF CLA system to EasyCLA[2], targeting the week of August 9th.
 - You should not be impacted, if yes - you may have to re-sign the CLA

The Linux Foundation has been working to deprecate their old closed-source CLA system and switch to EasyCLA[2]; their Open Source solution for managing Contributor License Agreements. ContribEx and the GitHub Admin team have been working with the LF to ensure a smooth transition[1]. The migration should be seamless for the vast majority of contributors, but a few[3] may have to re-sign the CLA in the new system. Right now we're targeting the 2nd week of August, after the release of 1.22 to switch over to EasyCLA. That timeframe may be pushed back based on the results of some further testing, but please be assured we do not plan to roll it out in a way that may displace any deadlines for the next release cycle.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out in this thread or in the #github-management channel in slack.

Thanks!

- Bob

This conversation is locked