tl;dr Kubernetes v1.22 is the last release to publish CI builds to gs://kubernetes-release-dev and gcr.io/kubernetes-ci-images
. From v1.23 forward, CI builds are published solely to gs://k8s-release-dev and gcr.io/k8s-staging-ci-images
. All repos and docs have been updated accordingly.
Greetings from one of your friendly WG K8s Infra organizers!
How we got here:
- v1.17 was the first release that had CI builds of kubernetes land in gs://k8s-release-dev/ci and gs://kubernetes-release-dev/ci simultaneously
- v1.18 was the first release that cluster-api and kubeadm started defaulting to gcr.io/k8s-staging-ci-images
instead of gcr.io/kubernetes-ci-images
- v1.20 was the last release that had CI builds land in gs://kubernetes-release-dev/ci-cross
- v1.22 is the last release to have CI builds of kubernetes land in gs://kubernetes-release-dev and gcr.io/kubernetes-ci-images
. All project repos and jobs were migrated to use community-hosted locations.
- If you want to consume CI builds of Kubernetes v1.23 onward, please use:
- gs://k8s-release-dev if using gsutil (or some other GCS tool)
- Currently supported versions of Kubernetes will continue to publish CI builds to the google.com-hosted locations
- As jobs age out due to the Kubernetes version support policy, we expect to see traffic diminish
- When there are no more builds hosted in gs://kubernetes-release-dev, it will be decommissioned, along with gcr.io/kubernetes-ci-images
Special thanks to the following contributors who helped make this happen: