[REMINDER] Kubernetes 1.23 Code Freeze is Next Week!

Rey Lejano

Nov 11, 2021, 6:29:21 PMNov 11
to kuberne...@googlegroups.com, le...@kubernetes.io, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kubernauts!

Next week on Tuesday, November 16th, Code Freeze will come into effect at 18:00 Pacific Time.

For enhancements targeting Kubernetes 1.23, please have k/k PRs approved by 18:00 Pacific Time on November 16th. After Code Freeze comes into effect, the Enhancements team will remove any unfinished enhancements from the 1.23 milestone and you will need to file an exception in order to get your enhancement added back into the release. After Code Freeze, only release-blocking issues and PRs will be allowed back into the milestone.

If you haven’t already, please link all relevant PRs for your enhancement(s) in the enhancement’s KEP issue, so we can be sure to track the status as we get closer to Code Freeze! If you are unsure if you can make it by Code Freeze and would like to defer to 1.24, please let us know and we will help to update the milestone of your enhancement.

Note: For 1.23 enhancements that require updated or new documentation, the deadline for opening a documentation placeholder PR to the dev-1.23 branch in the k/website repo falls two days after Code Freeze on November 18th. We encourage enhancement owners to create a placeholder PR before November 18th.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reply to this email or reach out to me or one of the Release Team lead shadows on #sig-release of Kubernetes Slack.

Thank you,

Rey Lejano, 1.23 Release Lead

(on behalf of the Kubernetes 1.23 Release Team)