are you running kubeadm clusters on low-spec devices (e.g. Edge / IoT / Raspberry PI)?

Lubomir I. Ivanov

Aug 31, 2020, 2:52:05 PM8/31/20
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion, kubernetes-sig-cluster-lifecycle
hello,

in the kubeadm issue tracker we had the following ticket about
supporting resource constrained devices for a while:
https://github.com/kubernetes/kubeadm/issues/2000

i think something that we are lacking in this effort is feedback from users.

if you are interested in this and would like to provide feedback for
us, please answer these questions in the Github issue itself:

- A) what is the lowest spec-ed device that you want to run k8s on?
- B) did you manage to setup kubeadm-installed k8s on it and did you
apply any customizations (e.g. kube-apiserver flags) to get this
working? please explain in detail.
- C) anything else you want to tell us?

thank you very much!
lubomir

hart...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2020, 9:26:42 PM9/8/20
to Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion
A) Latest RPI
B) Yes, no customizations. Runs great on Rock64Pro.
C) I think the existence of k3s validates the intersection of RPI and K8S communities, and likely provides guidelines for how users are already using k8s on rpis and other arm64 devices.