[ANNOUNCE] Kubernetes v1.29.0 release and December patch releases will be delayed

Stephen Augustus

Nov 30, 2023, 8:52:49 PM11/30/23
to kubernete...@googlegroups.com, dev, sig-rele...@kubernetes.io, release-managers, releas...@kubernetes.io
Kubernetes Community–

Due to the upcoming security release of go1.21.5 and go1.20.12, we have made the decision to postpone the release of Kubernetes v1.29.0 until Wednesday, December 13th.
This will afford the team time to integrate the new Golang version and give it a few days to soak across CI.

We're also postponing December patch releases until Tuesday, December 19th, to ensure our illustrious Release Managers and Release Team members are laser-focused on delivering a great release experience for v1.29.0.

For any questions/comments/concerns, you know how to reach us!

– Stephen, on behalf of SIG Release leadership