Re: Kubernetes 1.29.0-beta.0 Release Delayed

Jeremy Rickard

Nov 20, 2023, 12:51:22 PM11/20/23
to dev, kubernete...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kubernetes Community,

We'd like to provide an update to the email sent by Jim on Friday!

CI Signal is green, so we are unblocked in doing the Kubernetes 1.29.0-beta.0 release at this point. After further discussion[1], however, we are going to skip this release and proceed directly the to Kubernetes 1.29.0-rc.0 release. This was originally scheduled for tomorrow, November 21st, and we feel that cutting the beta and rc releases so close together won't provide any benefits to the community. In order to simplify things, we'll simply skip the beta release and do the rc.0 release tomorrow as planned.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to #sig-release on Kubernetes slack.

Thanks,

Jeremy // on behalf of SIG Release

[1] https://kubernetes.slack.com/archives/C2C40FMNF/p1700491099210509

On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 5:10:33 PM UTC-7 Jim Angel wrote:
Kubernetes Community,

The 1.29.0-beta.0 release, scheduled for Thursday Nov 16th, is delayed. The release team is currently evaluating the status of blocking tests and will proceed when CI Signal is green.

The earliest release would be on Monday, November 20th, pending green tests. This email thread will continue to be updated as we learn more.

If you have any questions, reach out to the #release-management Slack channel[1].

Thanks!
Jim Angel // Kubernetes SIG Release
[1] https://kubernetes.slack.com/messages/release-management