Kubeflow 1.9.0-rc.1 has just released!

Ricardo Martinelli de Oliveira

Jun 4, 2024, 6:41:44 AMJun 4
to kubeflow-discuss
Hello Kubeflow community,

Kubeflow 1.9.0-rc.1 has just released! It includes the following:

  • Updates from the Notebooks WG with their v1.9.0-rc.0 release. It includes: Notebooks, Central Dashboard, notebooks images, and more.
  • Istio is currently upgraded to 1.18.7, targeting to fully migrate to Istio 1.22 until the final release
  • Upgraded Model Registry to v0.2.1-alpha

We are also updating the documentation with the new features and components that will be included in the v1.9.0 version. You can find the release notes in the release page.

We welcome any feedback about this new release, just reach us on our Slack channels or in this mailling list.

--

Ricardo Martinelli De Oliveira

Senior Software Engineer, OpenShift AI

Siyuan Tian

Jun 4, 2024, 9:40:14 AMJun 4
to Ricardo Martinelli de Oliveira, kubeflow-discuss
It is installed on a Microk8s v1.28.9.

I checked Model Registry on it. Python client model-registry still requires Python >= 3.9, < 3.11

Thanks,

Tian

Matteo Mortari

Jun 4, 2024, 10:13:07 AMJun 4
to Siyuan Tian, Ricardo Martinelli de Oliveira, kubeflow-discuss
Hi,

On Tue, 4 Jun 2024 at 15:40, Siyuan Tian <tians...@gmail.com> wrote:
It is installed on a Microk8s v1.28.9.

I checked Model Registry on it. Python client model-registry still requires Python >= 3.9, < 3.11

as explained already in details with you on this thread: https://github.com/kubeflow/model-registry/issues/90#issuecomment-2143619750
that requirement is derived from Google MLMD python library [3.9, 3.10], a workaround is available, and we are looking into the ways to avoid this dependency.

Hope this helps,
MM

Amber Graner

Jun 4, 2024, 11:00:42 AMJun 4
to kubeflow-discuss
Thanks Ricardo and team - this has been shared on LinkedIn and X.

With gratitude,
~Amber

Ricardo Martinelli de Oliveira

Jun 4, 2024, 1:20:17 PMJun 4
to Amber Graner, kubeflow-discuss
Thank you for sharing the announcement in the social media, Amber!

Siyuan Tian

Jun 4, 2024, 7:35:26 PMJun 4
to Matteo Mortari, Ricardo Martinelli de Oliveira, kubeflow-discuss
Hi,

I tried the workaround. It works.

Thanks,

Tian