[Seeking Your Feedback] - Proposal to Discontinue Kube RBAC Proxy in Kubebuilder

Camila Macedo

Apr 16, 2024, 3:40:17 AMApr 16
to kubebuilder
Hi Everyone,

We have a proposal to discontinue the inclusion of Kube RBAC Proxy in the default Kubebuilder scaffolding. The proposal details our reasons and motivations.

We highly value your input and encourage everyone to:
  1. Read through the proposal: Please share your thoughts and feedback on the approach. Your insights are crucial for us: (https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/kubebuilder/pull/3860)
    1. If you have objections: Please explain your concerns in detail. You can use the emoji to add your vote if you fully reject the proposal. (👎 :-1:)
    2. If you support the proposal:
Please, indicate your approval with “/lgtm” and “/approved.”
Cast your vote to help us gauge community consensus with an emoji. (:thumbsup: 👍)

Alternative suggestions: If you have any alternative ideas or suggestions not already discussed in the proposal, especially potential drawbacks, please contribute your insights.

Your collaboration is crucial to us, and we look forward to your active participation in refining this proposal.

Thank you to everyone who has been collaborating with us on these initiatives. 🎉

Special thanks to David Eads, Joe Lanford, and Stefan Büringer for your valuable inputs. Additionally, heartfelt appreciation to the kube-rbac-proxy maintainers, especially Krzysztof Ostrowski and Frederic Branczyk, and the k8s-infra team—particularly Mohamed for his support.

Your continuous dedication and support are immensely appreciated and vital to our success. Thank you! 🙌

--
CAMILA MACEDO

SOFTWARE ENGINEER,

BLOG: www.dev4devs.com