Dolpo Shey- Crystal Festival. SPECIAL (SUMMER) OFFERINGS -FIXED DEPARTURE 2024

hvtreks

May 10, 2024, 12:50:19 PMMay 10
to pos ktm, flat.ka...@gmail.com, ktm...@googlegroups.com, hamakers...@quicknet.nl

Dolpo Shey- Crystal Festival. SPECIAL (SUMMER) OFFERINGS -FIXED DEPARTURE 2024

Shey Crystal Monastery, in Tibetan Shelri Dugdra or Shey Gompa, is one of the most sacred Buddhist pilgrimages of Nepal. It has a legendary connection to Buddhism, is located in north of the Phoksundo Lake in the inner upper Dolpo with an altitude of 4160m sea level, and is a spiritual place for all locals in Dolpo region. Shey Crystal Monestary result as a spiritual and a holy place for many local people, that reunite all togheter for sacred festivisty. His holiness Tuptop Singe Yeshe have enlightened from Shey-Gompa the Crystal Mountain (Shelri Dugdra) and this major panoramic pilgrimage. The crystal mountain (Shelri Dugdra) is also known as the younger brother of Mt. Kailash. Shey Festival is celebrated a twelve-year cycle in the Buddhist lunar calendar, where each year is represented by a different animal. This year, that is the year of Dragon (Drug Lho), Shey Festival takes place in Shey Gompa Upper Dolpo. The last time Shey Festival happened in this region was in 2012 and the next festival will take place in Shey Gompa in 2024 in the month of September. Inner Dolpo trek starts following Phoksundo river and to the lush green fields of Ringmo and the stunning blue Phoksumdo Lake.  Himalayan Vacation Treks organizes this trek in september so that we attend the Shey Festival. After a day rest & explore in this beautiful spot we continue across the Kang La(5360m) to Inner Dolpo and Shey Gompa. Then after we crosse the Shey La(5095m) to the largest village of Dolpo called Saldang. From Saldang we turn to east and crossing Jeng La to reach Dho Tarap. The end part of our trek, we descend downhill and walk along the Tarap river and Tarap river gorge to Lasicap, and then following Thuli Bheri River along Tarakot, Byasgad, Dunai and finally back to Juphal and fly to Kathmandu changing flight in Nepalgunj.

hvtreks

May 13, 2024, 10:45:14 AMMay 13
to ktm...@googlegroups.com, pos ktm, hamakers...@quicknet.nl