DROP STREAM parse error

Martin Vaner

Aug 14, 2023, 11:39:40 AM8/14/23
to ksqldb-users
Hi!

I am using ksqldb migrations tool and I have a problem with dropping stream. Drop stream is my first line in the file.
I am getting following error:
Failed to parse sql: DROP STREAM <name>;. Error: Failed to parse the statement. Statement: DROP STREAM <name>;. Reason: line 1:1: extraneous input '' expecting {<EOF>, 'SELECT', 'CREATE', 'INSERT', 'DESCRIBE', 'PRINT', 'EXPLAIN', 'SHOW', 'LIST', 'TERMINATE', 'PAUSE', 'RESUME', 'DROP', 'SET', 'DEFINE', 'UNDEFINE', 'UNSET', 'ASSERT'

I have no ' in the stream name. Did someone experience this issue as well?
Thank you for your help!

Martin

Martin Vaner

Aug 15, 2023, 4:25:23 AM8/15/23
to ksqldb-users
I have solved my problem, it was encoding issue.
The file had UTF-8 BOM encoding, which adds additional 3 bytes at the beginning of the file. Changing encoding to UTF-8 helped.