HTTPS Read timed out on WiFi only when uploading to server, downloading from server is OK.

Paul Brogan

Nov 27, 2013, 8:24:10 PM11/27/13
to ksoap2-...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I have an android app using HTTPS KeepAliveHttpsTransportSE to upload and download data to an IIS 7 web server.

Using a Samsung s3, s4 or a Google Nexus device:

If I run my app on the 3g phone network it can download and upload OK.

If I run my app on Internet server provider A Wi-Fi router it can download and upload OK.

If I run my app on Internet server provider B(Vodafone) Wi-Fi router it can download OK, but cannot upload. The error is:

org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.NativeCrypto.SSL_read(Native Method)

Has anyone seen this error before, is it HTTPS certificate or WIFI Router/network related?

Any help or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Paul.

Manfred Moser

Nov 29, 2013, 11:58:26 AM11/29/13
to ksoap2-...@googlegroups.com
Never seen this before... sorry.

manfred

Andrei Gheorghe

May 11, 2014, 1:58:36 PM5/11/14
to ksoap2-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, did you find a solution to this issue ?

Paul Brogan

May 11, 2014, 4:01:10 PM5/11/14
to ksoap2-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Test what you are doing with a different make and model of WiFi router.
It turned out to be the router.

let me know how you get on.
p.

On 12 May 2014 05:58, Andrei Gheorghe <and...@krogos.ro> wrote:
Hi, did you find a solution to this issue ?

Pankaj Sharma

Jan 9, 2018, 6:59:20 AM1/9/18
to ksoap2-android
Hi Paul,

I need code to upload a file, can share it please as you said download and upload is ok.