Selecting directories

Ondrej Kroutil

Sep 8, 2021, 3:08:14 AM9/8/21
to krusader-users

Hi all,
I have this problem: let's suppose I have directories named 60, 61, 62, 63... When I want to enter directory 63 and I press keys 6 and 3, it will not find that directory but first the cursor (or that highlighting box) will skip to first directory beginning with number 6 (60 in my case) and after pressing number 3 it will skip to directory beginning with number 3 (if there is any). Can I change this behaviour somehow to skip to 63 after quick pressing of 6 and 3? I think it was working that way but it has mysteriously changed...

  Thanks a lot.

    Ondřej Kroutil

A. Bikadorov

Sep 8, 2021, 5:00:07 AM9/8/21
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ondrey,

for me your workflow is working fine. But you have to type fast because there is a timeout
after each keypress. After the timeout the search will be considered new and previously
entered letters are forgotten. I'm not aware of any config option to change this timeout.

Anyway, there is also the advanced search bar feature. In "Settings->Configure
Krusader->Panel, under "Search bar" activate "Start by typing". Now, a search bar will
open in the panel when you press any key. There is no timeout but instead press escape to
close the bar again. Also note the three different search modes.

Cheers
Alex