How to use Synchronizer's "Do not search in" Option

Radu Last

Oct 24, 2022, 7:08:41 AM10/24/22
to krusader-users
Hello all,
I have been struggling for a long time to exclude a dir "foo" from syncing to a remote folder (remote is not the problem, same behaviour with a local test setup).
So intuitively (maybe falsely?) I used the "Do not search in" field in the General tab to exclude the directory "foo".
I tried to enter "foo/" in the textfield and clicked on the downward arrow to add it to the list below the textfield. On another try, I clicked on the folder in the selection dialogue (icon to the right of the textfield and down-arrow).
Now in both cases when I click on compare, (the top level subfolder) foo and all files in it are still included in the comparison. At the same time, all files that include "foo" in their file name are excluded.
One thing that caught my eye is that when adding the "foo/" pattern to the list of excludes (by clicking the down-arrow), the trainling "/" is removed.
I can reproduce the above behaviour if I enter "* | foo" in the "File filter" box.
And - I get the intended behaviour if I enter "* | foo/" in the File filter box.
So eventually I could solve my actual problem (after a long time of searching) - only I wonder if the "Do not search in" fields are meant to be folders to exclude? Probably, because in the file selection dialogue I can only select folders. And then maybe stripping of the trailing slash could be a bug?
Any feedback appreciated... thanks

Radu Last

Oct 24, 2022, 8:10:14 AM10/24/22
to krusader-users
another thing I'd like to add:
If I only want to search two subfolders foo/ and bar/ (and/including their respective subfolders) in the base sync directory (that contains other folders irrelevant for the comparison), how could I specify that?
I tried "foo/ bar/", but
a) that will also include files in the base directory and
b) won't recurse into subdirs of foo/ and bar/