Fish protocol

John Bennett

Oct 23, 2022, 10:19:09 PM10/23/22
to krusader-users
Hi,
Was using fish protocol a while back. haven't used for a while, and now can't get it to work...
My main PC is Tumbleweed, fully up to date, and trying to connect through Krusader to 2x Ubuntu 22.04 desktops.
Krusader and kio-extras installed on all. What am I missing?
Get message "Error: Could not connect to host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
Thanks.

Rafael Social User

Oct 24, 2022, 3:30:25 AM10/24/22
to krusader-users
I would check first this from console:
  1. To check if SSH and ports are open right, try "ssh user@host". If you can access, we are in good direction.
  2. Check if remote has enabled fish protocol with  "fish://user@host:port/home/user/". If it works, fish protocol is enabled in remote
  3. Try  "kioclient ls 'fish://user@host:port/home/user/" to see error message of kio

John Bennett

Oct 24, 2022, 5:42:26 AM10/24/22
to krusader-users
Sorry, since discovered I was being an id10t, as had an .ssh/config file setup for connection, but was also adding config in Krusader....
Thanks!

Rafael Linux User

Oct 24, 2022, 8:20:40 AM10/24/22
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
You are not id.... all we make mistakes and al we have a thousand things in our heads, so finally we forgot things we did!!! ;)