Edit and save changes to a remote file

Ivan Malović

Feb 9, 2021, 4:57:35 PM2/9/21
to krusader-users
Hello,

I have a problem with editing a remote file (samba service).

When saving opened remote file, Krusader prompts me to choose not to upload or upload changes, but when choosing upload option it returns an error that file allready exists.

Is there any option settings that I am missing to click?

How do you edit remote file without first syncing it locally and after editing syncing it back to the server?

Yuri Chornoivan

Feb 10, 2021, 1:57:22 AM2/10/21
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
вт, 9 лют. 2021 о 23:57 Ivan Malović <imalo...@gmail.com> пише:
Hi,

Krusader uses KDE's KIO to communicate with Samba shares. And it works in an above-mentioned way. You can file a bug report against kio-extras to iron out this bug. Regretfully, you didn't mention your distribution and the package versions.

The other way is to use FUSE to mount the share somewhere in your system directly:

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri

Ivan

Feb 15, 2021, 11:35:08 AM2/15/21
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thank you, I have found workaround using cifs just like your solution with mounting the filesystem locally.

Best regards,
Ivan