Folder specific view properties

Shadab Zafar

Jul 19, 2018, 3:39:45 AM7/19/18
to krusader-users
I want some folders to always be sorted by Modified Time.

While others to always be sorted by File Name.

Dolphin stores such settings in ".directory" files. An example of such a file is:

[Dolphin]
SortOrder=1
SortRole=modificationtime
Timestamp=2018,7,19,13,7,53
Version=4

[Settings]
HiddenFilesShown=true

Is there a way to achieve this in Krusader somehow?

I think each "Panel" remembers its settings, but they aren't folder specific?

Yuri Chornoivan

Jul 19, 2018, 5:17:17 AM7/19/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
четвер, 19 липня 2018 р. 10:39:45 EEST, Shadab Zafar було написано таке:
Hi,

Yes, it seems so.

Having folder-specific and tab-specific settings at the same time for each
opened folder should be the tricky thing btw. May it be that you have
thoughts on how it can be implemented?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards,
Yuri

Shadab Zafar

Jul 19, 2018, 5:54:52 AM7/19/18
to krusader-users

We could just play along with Dolphin and use its .directory files to get the sort order?

I don't get what you mean by tab-specific settings.

Yuri Chornoivan

Jul 19, 2018, 6:03:36 AM7/19/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
четвер, 19 липня 2018 р. 12:54:51 EEST, Shadab Zafar було написано таке:

> We could just play along with Dolphin and use its .directory
> files to get the sort order?
>
> I don't get what you mean by tab-specific settings.

For example, you can sort items by date on one Krusader tab and by name on
the other.

What should happen when the same folder is opened on the different panels
and you have changed the sorting order on one of the tabs?

What should be saved into the ".directory" file when there were two tabs of
the same folder opened with different settings at the moment when you have
closed Krusader?

That's what I 've ment.

Shadab Zafar

Jul 19, 2018, 11:41:59 AM7/19/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Oh. Well that's a valid edge case. But I don't think there's any right answer to this case.

I'm personally okay with saving any of the settings to the .directory file.