Can not create file/folder

ToddAndMargo

May 11, 2018, 8:54:35 PM5/11/18
to krusader-users
Hi All,

Krusader 2.6.0 under Xfce 4.12 and Fedora 28

Some reboots I can create a new file/folder; some I
can not.

Anyone know what is happening?

Many thanks,
-T

ToddAndMargo

May 11, 2018, 11:14:09 PM5/11/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Now it is allowing me to create a directory, but not
a new file. It has just been sitting there

Nikita Melnichenko

May 12, 2018, 1:37:37 AM5/12/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com, ToddAndMargo
Hi,

Do you use keyboard shortcuts F7 and Shift+F4 or popup menu to create
the items?

Thanks,
Nikita.

ToddAndMargo

May 14, 2018, 1:31:34 AM5/14/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
I right click and use the "Create New" in context menu that pops up.
Today, both are working.

ToddAndMargo

May 18, 2018, 4:47:21 PM5/18/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
On 05/11/2018 05:54 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
Interesting: File --> New Folder works, even when the
right click context menu does not

Josef

Jun 6, 2019, 1:34:16 PM6/6/19
to krusader-users
I experience the same problem. Most of the time "create new" does not even show a dialog.

vollkornk...@posteo.de

Jun 21, 2019, 10:56:06 AM6/21/19
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

I'm using Krusader 2.7.1 under Ubuntu 19.04 Gnome. When pressing F9, it's not opening a terminal. I started it with terminal to have a look at error messages, and upon F9 press it says: # Failed to parse arguments: "Unknown option --separate". But at Settings > Configure Krusader > User Actions at "Terminal for UserActions" there's only: "gnome-terminal --noclose --workdir %d" – so I haven't specified the option --separate anywhere.

Is this option hardcoded? Or is it hidden in some config file?

Help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
Micha.

vollkornk...@posteo.de

Jun 21, 2019, 11:23:40 AM6/21/19
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, wrong Subject.  :)

Yuri Chornoivan

Jun 21, 2019, 12:22:39 PM6/21/19
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
пт, 21 черв. 2019 о 18:23 <vollkornk...@posteo.de> пише:
Sorry, wrong Subject.  :)

On 21.06.19 16:56, vollkornk...@posteo.de wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm using Krusader 2.7.1 under Ubuntu 19.04 Gnome. When pressing F9, it's not opening a terminal. I started it with terminal to have a look at error messages, and upon F9 press it says: # Failed to parse arguments: "Unknown option --separate". But at Settings > Configure Krusader > User Actions at "Terminal for UserActions" there's only: "gnome-terminal --noclose --workdir %d" – so I haven't specified the option --separate anywhere.

Is this option hardcoded? Or is it hidden in some config file?

Help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
Micha.
Hi,

The default Krusader terminal is Konsole (and it starts with "konsole --separate").

If you want some other terminal you can change it on the "Settings -> Configure Krusader -> General -> General tab" using the "External terminal" line edit.

The documentation bits on this:

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri

vollkornk...@posteo.de

Jun 22, 2019, 4:16:01 PM6/22/19
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Splendid, that did the trick. Thank you very much. I confused the setting with User Actions, where you also can set up a custom terminal.

Have a nice weekend,
Micha.

https://vollkornkartoffeln.de