Krusader only opens blank window

Frank Rueter

Sep 13, 2022, 6:47:35 PM9/13/22
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

after using Krusader for several months now all of a sudden it just comes up as a blank window.
I tried `yum remove` followed by `yum install` but to no avail.

The other day I had some unrelated freezing white debugging some python code and had to `init 3` / `init 5` a few times to avoid rebooting. Maybe that borked it?

I had hoped it might be a corrupted config files but could not find any user files in ~/.config or ~/.local

I am not trying to run krusader as root, just as a normal user (I saw several posts on line with this problem when trying to run as root which is not my case).

Any ideas?
Would love to get it back asap.

Cheers,
frank

A. Bikadorov

Sep 15, 2022, 2:42:26 PM9/15/22
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I never had this problem but the configuration file is ~/.config/krusaderrc

Cheers
Alex

admfubar

Sep 15, 2022, 5:20:27 PM9/15/22
to krusader-users
First  thing that comes to mind, your hard drive could be going bad, or it might have been a random  cosmic ray.  the first thing to do i rename the config file and start up  krusader. see if that clears it.

Frank Rueter

Sep 15, 2022, 6:00:55 PM9/15/22
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
I don't have any configs in the indicated path.
I did find configs in here though:
~/.kde/share/apps/krusader
But blowing that away did not help.

I can run it as root so it seems to be some permission issue (nothing else is playing up on my system so I don't think it's the hard drive).

Cheers,
frank

A. Bikadorov

Sep 16, 2022, 2:47:59 PM9/16/22
On 16.09.22 00:00, Frank Rueter wrote:
> I don't have any configs in the indicated path.

What version of Krusader do you have?

Cheers
Alex

Frank Rueter

Sep 17, 2022, 3:22:19 AM9/17/22
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
According to yum it's:
krusader-2.4.0-0.14.beta3.el7.x86_64

Frank Rueter

Oct 25, 2022, 3:28:26 PM10/25/22
to krusader-users
I still can't get Krusader to work again, so any help would be hugely appreciated.
I did some testing and it turns out it's only my user account that is affected. When I logged in as a new user and launched krusader it works just fine.
I tried finding related files in my home directory by doing:
   find ~ -name krusader

This found ~/.kde/share/apps/krusader, so I removed that but it didn't help.

There is no entry in /var/log/messages when I try to launch krusader.

I can launch it with sudo which I really don't want to do though.

Does anybody know what else I can try?

Cheers,
frank

admfubar

Oct 25, 2022, 3:45:25 PM10/25/22
to krusader-users
Have you tried starting krusader from the command line? This might give some output to what is happening.
Post any output here.

Frank Rueter

Oct 25, 2022, 4:29:30 PM10/25/22
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Ah yes, here is the output from the user account that doesn't work:

[frank@spiff ~]$ krusader
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)
  Resource id:  0x6c0001a

I didn't pay attention to that as just about every other UI app on linux throws such errors in the terminal but I don't see the above when successfully running krusader as sudo or as another use, so in this case the error is significant/relevant I guess.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "krusader-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/krusader-users/7a21d662-bbea-40cb-b273-27c7fe1d5335n%40googlegroups.com.